Sunday, March 31, 2013

Of my (short) manifesto for education



It doesn’t matter to me how rich you are or how intelligent you think you are. I don’t care about much money you got or if you’ve read dozens of Nietzsche and Dostoyesvky books in their original idiom instead of watching reality shows on tv. If you mistreat any other being and you don’t give others attention and respect you will look like a disgraced human being to me. It’ll even look like all these books taught you nothing.

I don’t like displays of power. In fact I am growing an unhealthy aversion to it. It’s as Jung puts it, love is horizontal and power is vertical. You can’t have both. You can be rich and economically and politically and culturally influential, but if your heart is in the right place, you have a display of love, not power. And god, I will take my hat off for you and respect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment