Friday, November 30, 2012

Of Älcke’s little sister


‘It’s been so long, sister. I could say I almost didn’t recognize you.’

‘What are you talking about?’

‘You look so different from who you used be. What is happening to you?’

‘You know very well what is happening to us.’

‘Really? You really think it is our fault?’

‘What do you mean?’

‘You must remember who you used to be before all of this. Haven’t you realized those friends of yours are corrupting you?’

‘I dedicate myself to their cause because I identify myself with them. I trust them.’

‘Their cause is corrupting your identity. You are losing what you are in the name of their quest. I am trying to help you here, little sister.’

“I don’t trust you and your intentions, Älcke.’

‘That’s what I am talking about. We used to get along so much better before you met those people. So tell me, why don’t you just accept us as we are? Isn’t it conflicting you want it to be changed?’

‘No, you have my principles undervalued. I can’t conform with that. Such waste makes me uneased.’

‘No, it’s not uneasiness. You feel disgusted by us. You don’t want to be near us. You say you like us, but it’s just when you’re distant. How do you deal with that?’

‘Stop provoking me, Älcke. Please let me go.’

‘Just wait and the moment will come, Áine.’