Friday, November 30, 2012

Of Tolkien’s Taint


We all must thank J.R.R. Tolkien everyday for all he did for the fantasy literature, and his work and effort is very inspiring to me while I try to create my own world. And you can see what is to come because of this early use of the Fire Extinguisher. Truth be told, I find some aspects of his world to be quite underdeveloped. Whether I’m displeasing Tolkien’s fans, it’s beyond my true concern.

I have to admit this, politically and socially speaking (overall, in terms defined by my bronze gemstone), Tolkien’s grounds are left to wish. Even if he had it explored it beyond The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and Silmarillion, there’s the simple fact there was a complete lack of focus in these aspects would made me slightly disenchanted. I could never understand how did the Rohan gather so many warriors when Edoras was the city/village ever mentioned in the lands.

The bronze spice is something I am eager to add to my world of Flames and Scourgers. I have the hope I’ll get there someday, as all these characters were once mostly blurries and isolated figures, and now there’s even hierarchies and glimpses of future warring reigns. I just think it will take some time to go through the whole bureaucratic exigencies of the Q. Rule.