Monday, December 31, 2012

Of Allegorical Quintessence


For a long time I thought I had enough of quintessence this, quintessential that, so I had been careful about getting into the theme again. But after some time there was this specific idea, that is absolutely no novelty, but it was making too many appearances during my thinking and I didn’t really have a name for it, and heck, it was a quintessence, so there it is.

I’m calling it the Allegorical Quintessence. This is the idea of the undercurrent patterns that make allegories and metaphors possible. It represents is how something goes through complex underground ways for us to remember something else when crests stamps share even the slightest similarity with other crests.

There is something about it to be related to dreams too, but I’m not entirely sure. I’ve once called Masks, and this would be how the allegorical quintessences manifest themselves on the surface. The way we get similar emotional responses from stuff is how allegorical bounds are going to be created.

However, the most important thing about it is that it’s through this that motifs and equations are created. They demand a lot from my allegorical knowledge, so it’s nice to have a focus on a more nuclear definition of what makes skills like drawing and writing behave in similar ways.