Monday, December 31, 2012

Of Axiom of Laughter


There’s been such a grief in my life in these past months that it was strange when there was this moment when I would stop giving it attention because I was so amused and entertained with humor. There’s nothing like being with friends and for a moment we can forget the storm raging outside and inside.

I will never stop being amazed at how much one good old laugh to clean the spirit. More than all these others efforts or qualities or achievements, one of the best things in life seems to be the simple art of making people laugh. Or smile, for that matter.

It can be so powerful and can be so effective in helping one feel less empty and misfit that it definitely can be considered an axiom. It’s even one of the most powerful axioms, and the one that is the easiest to get to. I don’t even know why I never included it before, and it’s not even like I am so rarely freeing myself from this frowning face.

It requires some humility, though, so one can stop worrying about future, or stop worrying about perfection. We never need more than what humble simplicity can already offer. One good laugh and suddenly the spirit lightens up.