Monday, December 31, 2012

Of dubious weighing of time


As the end of the year approaches, I naturally start thinking about what I’ve been able to do. And although it can initially sound like it was very productive as there were at least thirty texts every month, I have my doubts whether that really bears any significant result in my personal development.

I don’t know how to perceive time. Is a month too much time? When I look back I’ve postponed activities for several months, so it feels like an awful amount of wasted time. But at the same time, I’ve got a bazillion of ideas in just a few months. But shouldn’t I be able to do so much more with my time?

A whole year has passed and I just got a few characters and ideas. Hell, I could have written a whole book (though weighing all my final files of every month, I’ve got hundreds of pages alright).

It’s strange that I look back and in one month I got happy with the fact I had it decided I’d place the story in a north and south division, and that was pretty much it for the month about it. By this time last year I just had the Fire Ensemble assembled, and now I have four reigns and their place on this map is almost fine with the quintessential representation.

The doubts and impediments of the Q.Rule must be taken in account when weighing time. After all, I have to be really careful about this thing, and maybe this slow brickwork will pay off someday, because even if I do the smallest bit of advance each month, with the sum of several years I will have some precious amount of work here. I have to be patient.