Thursday, May 31, 2012

Of limited but concrete identity

One of the old ideas that I have when watching things is how simplicity has a very appealing factor to it. Something concise has much more chances of being absorbed than overcomplexity of elements.

The hardest result to achieve, in my opinion, is to combine the fewest elements as possible and make them surface a very distinct identity. It’s something I see a lot in symbol-making.

Such idea seems to be very useful for the purposes of this blog. For example, the current leitmotifing exercises are making me work with a countless amount of themes, and that’s been very exhausting to deal with. It seems to me that choosing only a few of them for each monthly round is going to bring a more complete and rewarding result. The problem is, of course, knowing which of them to choose…

No comments:

Post a Comment